Fall is just around the corner in Fargo, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the ideal time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the ambiance of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a large impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to think about when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are a variety of ways to create levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Fargo a call at 701-281-1390 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!