Keeping a clean house is nearly impossible. Busy schedules make it difficult to keep your home organized–we get it. That’s why Pella Windows and Doors has compiled a few quick cleaning tips so you can prepare for company without cleaning all day. Use these tips to easily and effectively keep your home free of dust, grime, clutter and more to make it look cleaner than it actually is:
- Three T’s – If you only can spare a minute to tidy up your home before friends arrive, focus on the television, toilets and tabletops. These tend to be the three most seen surfaces in your home and can easily be cleaned with a duster, disinfecting wipes or a cloth.
- Close the blinds – Fargo sunshine can be your worst enemy when it comes to dust on home windows. Closing your window shades is an easy way to keep the dust out of direct sight and out of mind (for the time being). Upgrading your windows with snap-in, between-the-glass blinds or shades from Pella Windows and Doors is a great idea, as well. These are installed between panes of glass and protected from damage and dust—especially useful if you have active little hands in the house.
- Use baskets – If you have a cluttered living room, take a basket and pile all your clutter into it so you can sort it out later when you have more time. This tactic can be used in many different rooms—don’t have time to fold clean laundry before you put a new load in? Use a “clean” hamper to keep everything separate and convenient. Store all your toys in a bin or basket for easy access.
- Create a “junk drawer” – Looking for a pen, tape, or a notepad? Select a junk drawer with all the little things you always need but seem to leave lying around. Creating a convenient stashing spot will make it harder to lose things.
- Flip couch cushions – Many couch cushions are reversible and can help give your living space a clean, fresh look if they are switched over. Fluff up your pillows and fold your blankets to keep your couch looking clean.
- Light a candle – A nice scent always makes a space feel fresh and clean. Candles create warm light and a nice aroma.
Follow these tips and your home can feel cleaner in a heartbeat. Then, look to Pella Windows and Doors for a range of replacement window features that can keep your windows looking fresh for years to come. Visit our window and door professionals at our Fargo showroom, or give us a call at 701-281-1390 or schedule an appointment with us online.